PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON - 2
Thread: MANSTON - 2
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2006, 13:34
EUAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets turn MSE into houses! An average mid density housing estate has 5 or 6 houses per acre- think abou how many houses that means for Thanet and that should increase the likelyhood of the government investing in the infrastructure of the area- while also providing valuable construction jobs! But then the yocals are giving out about the proposed ongoing development at Westwood Cross, so cannot see MSE housing happening.
If MSE was a no goer as an airport the government would have rezoned it as a housing area- but MSE has the potential to opperate as a regional airport, along with being an airport that could service Pax flights from countries that don't really need to fly into the over priced landing areas of STN, LGW or more importantly LHR. It also has good Cargo facilities to service the South East, the time you waste on driving from Thanet, is about the same length of time it takes to get anything out of cargo at LHR.
As I said I hope Esperia learns from mistakes that have been made in the past, by me included, which dictates what needs to be done from MSE!
BTW no airlines have been approached with real intent by Infraril, that includes FR- who have looked at MSE as a serious business in a few years time- and I am sure when Infrtril feel that the time is right for pax growth it will happen.