PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Spain
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2006, 13:10
flyking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight training Cpl in spain, confused!

Intend to do ME/IR in spain after completion of CPL and ATPL exams. Training with BGS at moment. Why are US flight training schools CAA approved for JAR/CPL
Originally Posted by Pilot_Link
JAR-FCL & Flying in Spain
and not Spain. Do I have to do CPL training in uk, bcause study & exams is UK based.
All flight training done for the issue of a licence (PPL or CPL), must be done in the same JAR country where the theoretical training and examinations have been done.

Flight training for additional ratings, i.e. IR, ME-IR, MEP, FI, CRI, A320 etc, can be done in any JAR member state. All new ratings will be inserted into the JAR licence by the "State of Licence Issue".

Spanish Air traffic controllers do like drinking coffee and tea, just like any other air traffic controller, but I think you'll find that it's very rare in Spain for a controller to deny you permission to fly a few approaches, even if you're in a PA28 or a C172. Obviously this might not be the case in large class 1 international airports such as Malaga, Palma or Alicante in summer, due to traffic.

RT in Spain is in either English or Spanish. RT in most countries is exactly the same... either English or the local language.

Hope that info. helps.