PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2006, 09:55
FunFlyin

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by wingbar
More great news, thats it airlines keep sponsoring peeps with no experience...just let the hard working broke pilots in this industry keep hanging on some more......
To be honest wingbar your opinions and outbursts are starting to annoy me so i thought i'd chip my two cents in.

Schemes like this make sense to the airlines that run them. It is all about forward thinking. They know they are going to need pilots in a couple of years. So why not guarantee they have the candidates already selected and in the pipeline that they want to cover part of those needs. It saves adverts in flight, selection days, sim tests when they actually need the pilots. Delaying them getting on line etc.

Not only are they thinking a little further forward. But with a scheme like this they will be able to have a certain input into the way the training is carried out, company SOP's etc when it comes to mcc and jot courses for example. This enables them to get a candidate who is used to flying the practices they want for the type rating and on the line. And ensures they have 2 years almost to weed out any bad apples whos attitudes dont fit. I for one would have to sit next to you

This is a scheme for a job a year and a half to two years down the line. For a company who ARENT CURRENTLY RECRUITING - so how bitter can you really get about it.

Airlines running schemes like this will never fill all their requirements with low houred pilots. They arent able to for insurance reasons. So while 10 jobs may not be available to low houred pilots from other backgrounds in a couple of years. With all your instructing (poor students) etc you wont qualify as that, because in theory you should have something more to bring to the table.

You need to keep your attitude in check, by all means post opinions and experiences, they are always welcome. But if you have nothing to contribute - why try and pick a fight or put others down when they are trying to help each other etc.

rant over