PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2006, 08:44
Left Coaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, now that the business of home coming is out of the way, and after a lot of pondering the situation I really feel a need to sit and watch for a bit. The Cargo people have put it out that there are some ideas to be looked at, and I would like to "sit on the fence" to see if anything works...I have to admit I have seen the roster changes and questioned a couple of guys about it, and to be honest, I (even though the changes were no good to me) was ok with the answer. The alluded to "cherry picking" by main line after the rosters have been awarded carries no weight. It can't be done anymore without being hauled up to see the boss. It is (almost) always the commercial changes that direct most of the roster upheaval. And can anyone find a company out there that wouldn't respond to commercial realities. (There are some I know! ) Anyway as the charters role in and the loads change, so do the rosters. To do anything else (i.e. NOT responding) is kinda slow in my humble opinion. Like anyplace it has it's good and bad points, for my house it's fine, for the guy above who is gonna be out of work soon, a DEC is maybe what he needs to stay in it. Or look to the M.E. Some of those guys have NO roster security! Who knows? I will watch and keep learning, and see what happens. Might seem like a chickensh*t to some, but I gotta see first to form any opnions.
...my two bits!
Fly Safely in the meantime.
LC