PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garuda Crew Smoking During Flight !!!
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2006, 04:04
vagabond 47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might Well You Ask

Originally Posted by Danny Crane
My wife & I recently flew business class on GA707 on the 7Th of August from Sydney to Denpasar on Garuda.

The flight was all pretty good, except for one thing - with business class in the A330 almost empty, the pilots and a senior cabin crew member took the opportunity numerous times during the flight to have a smoke in the dunny !!!!!

It's been many years since I flew Garuda, and except for this my flight was excellent - better and cheaper than Qantas business (which wasn't even available on this sector anyways).

Is this sort of thing common on Garuda - it clearly gets my mind working on what else could be going on behind the scenes ?????????
Danny,
Might well you ask...........I have worked for a number of Asian Carriers and it is S.O.P.for smoking crew to do so at any time in the Cockpit.......Dont forget the Capt....oooops sorrry..COMMANDER is GOD and your job would be on the line if the Capt(read F/O) was to complain.
Air Safety in Asia is paid nothing more than LIP SERVICE as a generalization.Europe I have found does not have this problem........something to do with respect of all stations; no tribalism;no Caste. And if that is hard to swallow, I boarded my beast yesterday to find 2 cigarette butts in the Jump Seat "ashtray"....conclusion?
Mister Boeing.....please remove all ASHTRAYS from the Alluminium as I have had it pasted on me.......but SIR ashtrays are provided.