PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So how bad is the charter bridge to the sandpit
Old 28th Aug 2006, 20:37
Nat O'Thee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thrust u can trust

Thanks for the more constructive points, congratulations on coming on a step from your previous relpy to my post.

You can bet your bottom dollar that I am very aware of the client/supplier interface, having left the regular service over 10 years ago, and now in the fortunate position of being able to support the front line on an as required basis.

The real world has shown me that although you may have won a contract, keeping it is something you should keep on top of, this is something that sadly I dont see XL doing.

I guess yes the problem of under performance is being / has been highlighted by this thread, which can only be a good thing.

I am also sure that when I next get a quote for charter across my desk there is one airline that will not be getting a look in.

Sadly the staff need to realise that the "bloke is desert combats" sat in front of them may be more than just another RAF bloke. Firstly everybody that walks up those steps is a person and need treating fairly as such, and secondly they may have influence over the future P&L of the company they work for.

I stand by the fact that XL are not performing to a satisfactory standard, granted this made more obvious to the toms by the crap conditions our lords and masters make us suffer in EID, but they are not earning the money, and I hope there is a suitable performance clause built in by DTMA.