PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joint Officer Training College
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2006, 15:00
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snapper

Think you're being a bit harsh ... for example ...

- PJHQ stands up at Northwood (or HMS Warrior (HQ FLEET?) as was) not Wilton or High Wycombe ...

- Joint Services Staff College goes to Bracknall (RAF) initially until Watchfield/Shrivenham finished not Camberly or (sadly) Greenwich

- JFH goes to Cottesmore not Yeovilton ...

- Jt NBC Regt goes to Honington (I think) ...

Granted JHC goes to Wilton but the army doesn't always get its own way, certainly on location. But as the biggest service in pure numbers terms it may be right they get a slightly bigger vote!

Back on thread I don't see the three single service basic officer trg being merged, if for no other reason than on ethos grounds (in the same way the army will never lose/merge some of their key regiments). Furthermore Sandhurst (and I believe Dartmouth) conduct a lot of their professional trg as part of their basic trg whereas, as far as I can tell/remember, Cranwell offers little more than basic grounding in service knowledge.

Similarly, the output required from airmen/soldier/rating basic training is poles apart so little flex for merging their. Merging the recruiting offices was about as close as we will get!