PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marriage Breakdown and life in the Block
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2006, 12:44
Lost & Filed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CC I know what you're going through and sympathise with you. I've been in MQ's for 12yrs until Aug 04 when my daughters dad took me to court for residency of our daughter (the story behind that is for another day). As a residency order can only be given to one parent with both parents having parental responsibility I had to move out of my MQ and back into the BB as the residency order is what DHE work on. My MCat or PStat as it is now changed to PStat 3 which does not entitle you to a MQ. I then got posted a year later and have managed to get a Surplus MQ which DHE will give if there are plenty to spare on the understanding that if a family are posted in and they need the quarter then I have to move back to the BB which is fair. As others on the thread have said, they have managed to get a MQ as singlies, so as you can see DHE are approachable and if they can help they will. My advise would be to speak to them first and find out if there are any surplus MQs where you are and if there are then fill in an application for one and see what happens. All the best to you and congrats on the promotion.