PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So how bad is the charter bridge to the sandpit
Old 28th Aug 2006, 11:53
thrustucantrust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nat,
Under performance aside, weve been there, you seem to be unable to appreciate one point. XL are a civilian private company, MOD are a client. If the client is happy the contracts continue if not they are changed.Decisions are made on a commercial basis not based on any sort of empathy toward the troops or the conditions to which your bosses subject you to. I know from a squaddie pov this is hard to grasp because the military and its task are your life. In order to raise awareness do as saddam suggests and says he is doing.
As for FTL, you may not have an extensive knowledge as you think. Cap 371 is a complicated document with many caveats for which the commander is responsible and personnally liable for compliance.It has to be referred to on a daily basis to try and figure out what can or cant be done when an operation goes awry. Decisions are made in conjunction with info regarding the big picture, which may include but not limited to such things as clearances, a/c handling, crew duty/rest, available acomm, and interlinking programmes etc etc. Xl employees are not military and have contractual rights and legal obligations in equal measures.Even if they had empathy their hands are tied after a certain point. Unfortunately, like a large part of the population, they dont care about your predicament becuase they cant relate to it. As an ex squaddie I do but am not on that contract, or you could set your watch by the fact i would be squeezing every last drop of the regs to make it happen, and motivating my crew to the same. (that is sop for me on any day) That is no easy task as a civvy when crm is interpreted by the twittering masses as a requirement to discuss everything to death outside of a basic day.And they dont have to comply. As a military man you should appreciate the juggling act an aircraft or any commander has to manage whilst considering the big picture and managing HQ's/ companies demands, whislt operating with **** kit due for retirement. Same admin **** ,different uniform
cheers
Its not personnal, its business.

Comp , how is the clinic.