PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond Offshore Helicopters
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2006, 11:22
bud007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chc&proud
All operators in the North Sea would by a professional observer be considered small or tiny, employing anywhere from 15 - 150 or so pilots. None of the companies in my opinion fall into the size category where you end up being "just a number". Perhaps in British Airways, Scandinavian Airlines, Lufthansa, each employing 2.000 to 5.000 pilots this would be the case?

The main difference between the companies is that Bond is the only operator without a Collective Labor Agreement established between a pilot union and the company.

It is unfortunate that our good colleagues at Bond have not yet seen their way to join the good company of colleagues who are members of the International Federation of Airline Pilots Association. Hopefully this will happen within the foreseeable future, in light of the majority of pilots being members of BALPA?

Any new pilot to the oil business should be careful to plan his career with a non union company. When the business is booming, if your boss thinks you are the right person for the job, then all might be well.

Back when Bond was operating in the North Sea prior to being taken over by Helikopter Service, it was disgusting to observe the hostile attitude of management towards pilots who wanted to join BALPA.

When the tide turns again, when there a pilot surplus materializes, when you have run into problems at work, then free access to legal assistance, support from your pilot local council can prove to be more than beneficial.

In the North Sea, it is hard to see how Bond would be the employer of choice for any well informed professional pilot.

I take it you work for chc. So is it not true that most of bond's pilot's are ex chc and most of the management are ex chc aswell so why did they jump ship and join bond. I mean i dont work north sea but i would think about it. But who should i work for bristow chc bond. Would love to do sar so that's bristow's out.