PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marriage Breakdown and life in the Block
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2006, 10:18
ZH875

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts
I just feel the military could perhaps offer some support that wouldn't cost anything (ie free storage)
After the RAB procedures were inplemented, there is no such thing as 'Free' storage. IIRC the storage cost was a % of the actual price of an item, thus to store a PCB from an E-3D actually costs more than the mainwheel and tyre from a Shacklebomber did. Thanks to RAB, many empty STC containers which routinely lined the walls at a Helichopper base were scrapped, because they were going to cost money to store. Replacement STCs are demanded, as required, but as the (Impressive) cost of these are on 'someone else's' budget, they become 'Free' once more.

and perhaps even a Pantec to borrow to get stuff into storage
So the British public pays the bill for the 'Hire and Fuel' for the Pantec for PRIVATE usage, I think this may be called Fraud, (ask a Padre who was at Lyneham about using service fuel for private usage).

Families get just shy of a grand in disturbance allowance for moving house on posting, I'm not suggesting anywhere near that amount but for all intents and purposes isn't this yet another forced move for a married couple?
NO, this is not another FORCED move, it is a PERSONAL CHOICE move. You are not posted, so any move you make is down to personal expense.

This is not a verbal assault on you or your personal circumstances, just a brief appraisal of the rules as they stand.

As to your room neighbour, I think judicious use of a pair of wire cutters on his mains lead might resolve your problem either that or use the priveledge of your rank, unless it is an 18yr old scuffer then a quiet word out the back of the block might help.