PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So how bad is the charter bridge to the sandpit
Old 28th Aug 2006, 09:12
trap one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Six of 1 and Half a Hundredweight

[QUOTE=hell.kelpie;2802932]Trap, I see your point (and can't help but agree), but don't forget our own forces recently took two tremendous blows over dealing with "our own people" (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Kovco )- it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Hell.Kelpie

Whilst the incident you quote above is never good news and I left the forces after 27 years post Op Iraq Freedom. I have worked with not only RAAF/RAN exchange but also Aussies/New Zealanders in the RAF. I have had nothing but admiration for the way the Aussies, supported their troops when deployed. I'll give you a for instance, when in Als Garage on a 707 with a mushroom on top. We, including the Aussie exchanges (at least 4) had temporate ie green flying suits. The head Aussie in theatre came to see his people and found out they were not equiped correctly. Within a week, they all had 2 dessert light weight flying suits. The Brits on the other hand had to wait another 6 weeks for the first lot of Brit dessert flying suits to pitch up and even then there weren't to give all 2 suits. In fact there were at least 25% of us still in green flying suits, when the initial Op finished and we rotated out the first crews.

By the way I'd have gone south if the RAAF had SNCO Weapons Controllers

Regards

Trap One