PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marriage Breakdown and life in the Block
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2006, 05:49
Comp Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boswell bear
Sort yourself out!

No owes you anything!
Thanks for that. Once again do I have to stress that this really isn't the point. I just feel the military could perhaps offer some support that wouldn't cost anything (ie free storage) and perhaps even a Pantec to borrow to get stuff into storage.

Families get just shy of a grand in disturbance allowance for moving house on posting, I'm not suggesting anywhere near that amount but for all intents and purposes isn't this yet another forced move for a married couple?

Not just for me either - I feel obliged (and want to) help my wife out with the costs and logistics of removing her stuff also.

In this day and age of more seperations due to the changed expeditionary role of the Forces, I feel that the stats with regard to breakups will steadily climb, if they aren't already.

A gesture of recognition from the military that they understand the upheaval involved in a break-up and the ease in which it COULD affect your work if you let it wouldn't be such a bad idea would it?

Its not really about the money, as I said before I can cover it, I just think that it may not be necessary if a little thought went into it and some kind of help with the transportation and storage of possesions was offered.

Measured my 'new' room yesterday. 8ft x 7ft 'useable' space. 1 x double locker, 1 x single locker, a sink, a towel rail and a toiletries shelf. The carpet is ripped and stained all over, it hasn't had a re-dec in probably my lifetime and my new next door neighbour is an 18 year old trance/hardcore enthusiast.

Deep joy

CC