PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy Netjets contract/paying arrangements is bringing NJE pilots in deep trouble
Old 27th Aug 2006, 21:01
hawkerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things have started to change, so there is no need to put a whole lot of pressure on management. The message has come through clear.

Dear Erik,
I have believed that for years, I wanted this to get better because I liked the job. Every now and then when people were completely fed up (again), they would throw us a few cookies to keep us happy again: The 1st of july this will change, the 1st of jan we will pay you a bit extra; Now were are going to have a safetycomitee, THAT will change for you, you can speak up now..(we all know what a farce that has become, people report less then before due to the fact that who speaks up, get's punished)..etc. etc...... the grey beards amongst us have seen it come and go, some lost a significant part of their salary because they "suddenly"got another contract.others were forced to leave because they were to critical, others were accused of things they had not done, no trial no discussion, you are out. We lost some really nice collegues.And these were no gossipstories , this was firsthand because it were our friends. You know there was a time in Netjets, before you joined that we were just a small group of people, so we knew what was happening. Many accepted the sh.t because most of us were layed off or fired due to bankruptcy of established companies.That was the reason netjets could grow, there was plenty of experience out there.
You erik have not been here long enough to remember when they had send us a new contract (which was allready effective 2 months earlier), changing our 6-5 into 18 months, their was no discussion :you sign it or go.
I can go on and on but you will see that all these little thing will add up to the big picture and it suddenly strikes you what years you wasted...
Now aviation is booming you should grab your chances. Get yourself a proper job before it all goes downhill again , I have seen that happen allrady a few times being in this stuff for allmost two decades.
Netjets offers no future, no long term plan (10 year max) no decent arrangements when you are to old and sick or fed up to fly.
well, fill in the rest yourself. as long as people know what they are getting into and still join ,fine, at least they are better informed then what I was years ago......and then this whole discussion makes a lot of sense and saves other from making a big mistake.