PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet - 2
Thread: Easyjet - 2
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2006, 14:09
markmartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Roy
In any case, they'll have their work cut out The Spanish operators on the route won't be overly happy to see this orange competiton either
Certainly not, Iberia's shares fell 1.55% the day after EZY announced their new MAD base.

Regarding the new routes we must take into account that data offered by the paper just reflects the project presented by Easyjet to the local authorities (3 domestic routes -and both ACE and TFN are in Spain- and 8 international routes), so we will probably see some changes. I wouldn't put my money on Bilbao, although I think all the three other domestic routes are likely to go ahead.
I havenīt heard anything about EZY launching the MAD-Granada route but both Vueling and Ryanair are said to be studying this route. I think Vueling has already confirm that they will operate flights to GRX from MAD this next Winter Season.
Ideas on the international routes? I would say Dortmund, Rome-Ciampino, Glasgow/Edimburgh or even a second flight to Liverpool have all great chances to happen. The answer: September 12.