PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marriage Breakdown and life in the Block
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2006, 10:14
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now, i may be a little sketchy on details but i hope this may be of some help. my brother was in a long term relationship but lived in a small room when on camp and when off camp lived in a boat. the upshot of this is that although he is sadly dead, thus, i can't check details with him (bob was one of the ten fine men who lost their lives on the hercules that went down in iraq). this may be station specific the solutions offered to you, as he was at lyneham. he had items that clearly he couldn't store and i'm sure that the RaF had his wordly goods from when he lived in houses in storage. i know that they have been moved from station to station, i thinkeven at one point ending up in scotland. in fact due to some difficulties they are still in possession of them. i will speak with my parents later to check the facts.

the other point is that can you not go to your local housing association and go on the list. you are a keyworker in the community and it's woth checking how you stand. you may get a house or you can do shared ownership where you pay rent as the assoc. own half the house and you have an affordable mortgage to part own the house. you will get discount if not exempt from council tax, though i'm not sure on that detail either. we are offered this, i work as an itu nurse and as keyworkers such as yourself you are supported more.

i am sorry if this no good, or even wrong, but i thought there may be some leads to look into. it's bad enough you're going through a hard enough time with the end of your marriage. really sorry to hear that. you will get through it. keep the faith!