PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero graduate
Thread: Aero graduate
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2006, 16:28
pride and joy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aero graduate

Hello this is my first post and I was wondering if anyone on this forum could please help me.

I graduated with an aeronautical engineering BEng nearly 2 years ago. I have applied to a number of graduate schemes (with Airbus, BAE Systems, Qinetiq, Rolls Royce) since graduating but with no success. I have been working in jobs that are not related to my degree and certainly don’t require my uni education. My career isn’t going anywhere at the moment, and I feel I need to do something drastic now before it is too late.

I am considering doing my matching sections by completing an MSc (possibly form Cranfield), hoping that it might increase my chance of securing an engineering job at the end of it. Is it worth it, or is getting some sort of work experience in the industry to bolster my CV more important? If experience is more important what is the best starting point?

Any suggestions for my current situation? I don’t have a particular sector of the industry that I want to get into (although I did enjoy my in-flight testing program during my uni course). I guess for me it’s a case of near desperation before I run out of brain cells. Any help or pointers would be gladly received.

Thanks,
pride and joy

P.S. I am considering joining the Royal Aeronautical Society for an Associate membership for £60 pa, hoping that it will help with my networking and increase the number of contacts that I have within the industry. Are anyone members and is it worth it?