PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet another A330 Engine failure for Qatar
Old 26th Aug 2006, 09:43
outhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I follow WZT and CK in a situation well handled by the crew; however shampoo_9 opens another area of discussion.
Though the engine type manufacture has indicated “MANY” in flight failures and I understand these run into double figures, included I understand more than one double failure.
Is anyone willing to expand on what happened in Doha, the indicated dispatch of the aircraft with “Minor” and it seems a miss diagnosed engine problem, matched with the historical evidence of in-flight shutdowns would seem to indicate further comment.
I know from experience that to make assumptions based on little if any actual fact is to be avoided however I feel some clarification is required.
The auto re-light system is an emergency and auto response to an abnormal in-flight event and regardless how reliable it’s shown to be is not a system I would have expected to be tested as frequently as it has been.
Crew training including simulator practice of the unexpected prepares us all to be able to deal with these types of events in a practiced and professional manor. A far cry from when I started, when scenarios were discussed over a pint in the mess or local bar and hopefully never followed up, well done to the crew involved.
outhouse