PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy Netjets contract/paying arrangements is bringing NJE pilots in deep trouble
Old 25th Aug 2006, 16:37
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by erikv
I was told during my interview that I would have to sort my own tax and social contributions. This was 2 Months before I resigned my previous position and 3 1/2 before Indoc. From someone who joined in January, I know that NJE now send the contract for review before Indoc. Nothing hidden or secretive there.
Yes, the salary comes from the Cayman Islands, but the moment it arrives in your bank account it is visible. No real traces to hide there, don't you think?
Here in NL, you are still required to pay tax but you are exempt of social security. However, you can choose to contribute and be covered. Like eatmyshorts I prefer to use the money for myself. I know of colleagues who state that they are taxed in the IOM. As social contributions are paid with tax, they are not covered and can be caught out. The company has made it very clear when I joined that we are responsible for paying taxes and social contributions ourselves. I have no problem with that, but do agree that this way the overall package is not the best in the world. Fortunately this seems to be getting some attention from management.
I'm disappointed to see this on a public forum. Not for legal reasons, but it is an open invitation to a journalist looking for sensation. A cover page article in a national news paper would not benefit any of us.
Erik.
well, he is a new comer and it makes sense... another wording but as accurate as it can be....
Do completely agree with you.