PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet - 2
Thread: Easyjet - 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2006, 20:55
susoal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Charlie Roy
Ryanair have definitely being trying to secure slots between MAD and STN for when they launch their Madrid base. Best case scenario for you would be to have Easyjet and Ryanair both on the route, fighting it out at cut throat prices and offering you numerous possible flights per day

PS: susoal, it's not Easyjet planning Madrid to Granada, but Ryanair (and also Vueling).

Charlie Roy, maybe you know the facts about Ryanair going to fly from MAD to Granada, but I can assure that "the initial idea" from Easy is to fly there as well as the Canary Islands along with other destinations that unfortunately I do not now about. I do not know if at this point in time those plans have been or will be thought over.
Also, Ryanair was approached by AENA ( not the other way around). They were offering them a good deal on slots from Barajas. My understanding is (coming from a source working at AENA) that Ryanair wants more slots that those being offered by AENA.
The main problem at the moment comes from an unexpected source, SEPLA, the spanish version of BALPA....

I stand correct to what I said before Charlie Roy, and if you have any conflicting info, my apologies...All this is coming from a couple of friends that are involved in this process. I do not know if they are 100% right...