PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy Netjets contract/paying arrangements is bringing NJE pilots in deep trouble
Old 24th Aug 2006, 17:30
hawkerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodgy Netjets contract/paying arrangements is bringing NJE pilots in deep trouble

I have allways been affraid to post things before but what has happened to me and a number of other pilots has to be known to collegues and to those who want to join.

Currently I am under investigation by the tax department for what they say is a unauthorized workagreement contruction.

Most Netjets pilots have a Isle of Man contract even though the company is registered in Portugal. This to avoid paying social benefits.
Most pilots are being payed via the cayman Islands, this is also done to hide traces.

However, myself and collegues in other European countries are getting more and more into trouble and having to hire lawyers to start defending themselves.
As no tax is being paid on the Isle of Man, and the pilot is living in the EU, and there are no traces of social benefits being paid, several departments are trying to raise those taxes in the country where the pilots is living.
However it should be Netjets paying these benefits and not the employee.

Therefore we are investigating the possiblillities to start a lawcase against Netjets to get a legal European Contract with social benefits paid and with a pension arrangement and medical insurance. Everything by the book.

We will also be questioning Unions in Europe to assist.

In the meantime we advise newcomers Not to join until there is certainty about being able to get a legal contract that is not bringing you into trouble.

For myself I have decided to leave and am looking for another job, because I don't want to be involved anymore with this kind of a operation.
Sadly I will leave many fine collegues behind.