PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Boots off 2 Arab/Asian men AGP - MAN due pax complaints
Old 24th Aug 2006, 10:51
flash8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by El Grifo
I cannot believe how many people on this thread are unable or unwilling to accept reality. There is a war of cultures taking place on the planet right now and a big push is underway.
Innocent people are being sacrificed all over the world by higher powers, both organised governments and islamic militants, in dubious wars and unspeakable terrorist atrocities.
Ordinary Joe public is ****ting himself. He has seen footage of Atocha and has smelt the burning of the London bombs. The news footage of Baghdad and Lebanon seem a world away, but European City Centers do not.
Base instincts are at work. Dark skinned "foreign" looking people, appear to be almost 100% responsible for planting the bombs and people are aware of that.
I have seen people moving seats on the tube, I have seen people moving seats on buses and I have seen people getting off early from both of the same. Fear is gripping society.
On an aircraft it is different. Once you strap in, you are at the mercy of circumstance until you arrive at your destination.
Mistrust is stalking the land with enormous strides. There are bound to be victims.
Better safe than sorry.
Some serious re-adjustment of values is required before the situation will get any better.
However, I fear it will only get worse

El Grifo, eloquent, I could not have put it better myself. These are dark times. And we all seem to be losing perspective amongst this hysteria. For that is what it is.