PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ba euro fleet lgw
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2006, 07:34
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlanJM
Thanks for the speedy reply, do you think she should email BA now and request it? Or let them know when she begins training, or only when she begins flying? Thanks
No need to hurry and email BA now, don't worry. To be honest with you the paperwork for her course is just coming through now, so I do not really think that anybody would be ready to take a leave request just yet.As far as I know the delegates on her course haven't been assigned a staff number yet, so her request would probably get lost.
The Scheduling Manager always visits the new entrant courses once within the first two weeks, so she'll be able to talk to him personally.

One thing worth mentioning, our leave agreement is quite good, provided there's one slot of leave available I can call them today and have a leave day tomorrow, irrespectively of the kind of duty I have. This is only valid for LGW contract.
For longer periods, to avoid long roster disruptions and to make sure the leave is available for the entire time, it's best to book it through Voice before the Scheduling department starts building that month's roster. Usually 2 months before, so for january the latest she should book it is the beginning of november.

I know it sounds confusing, but I promise you it is not. She'll be given the Memorandum of Agreements which clearly explains what I have said at the beginning of her course.

Good luck and have a nice holiday!

FBW

PS: seven days leave are intended seven consecutive days, including sat&sun....very different from how offices work where you can take mon-fri and have sat&sun off anyway