PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ba euro fleet lgw
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 21:04
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by AlanJM
My girlfriend is starting with BA Gatwick on 2 October. Does anyone know what BAs conditions are regarding holidays and bidding for them. The reason I am asking is unfortunately we booked a holiday to South Africa in April for January 2007 for 3 weeks. Any chance she will be able to get this? Thanks
Hello.....

Bidding for holidays will be explained to your girlfriend during her course. However, when she starts she won't be able to bid for winter '06 as the bidding season has just closed!!

The good news is they will try to accomodate her leave anyway (I remember they did it with me and they do it with all New Entrants if operationally possible).

The bad news is that since she joined in october her normal leave will be pro-rated. Normal entitlement is 28 days provided the employment starts on the 1st of April, so she'll only be entitled about 14 days.
She can try to request to add two days off to the end of it (making the total about 16 days) but they can refuse that as our contract says we can ask to wrap 2 days off only at the time when we bid for our leave.
That also means that if she takes all the leave she's entitled to in one go she won't have any more days until the end of March 2007.

I hope this helps - although probaly it's not what you were expecting to hear!

Good luck

FBW