PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Food For Thought For The Old And Bold
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 17:40
Antelope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't disagree with the fact that they're changing the fitness test levels as I've personally never found it that taxing and you can generally spot the people that are going to have trouble, and undoubtly be declared unfit for ops anyway should the time arise. I do find the OFT pointless however.

My point really is that they also need to address the other factors around the issue, the removal, some time ago, of Wednesday afternoon PT being one. For a Force that needs to be fit time should be provided during working hours for training to be completed.

Also I can't speak for all bases but the Aircrew Feeder where I am serves up stuff of the category Jamie Oliver tried to get banned from schools and should you want say lettuce you're almost charged by the leaf (different but connected debate I know). Meals in the Mess aren't to dissimilar either. Not exactly complimentary to a healthy lifestyle.

My point is until they address the issue as a whole, fitness training, time availabilty, diet, etc I can't see much changing.

Ant