PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Boots off 2 Arab/Asian men AGP - MAN due pax complaints
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 09:30
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MercenaryAli
Scenario:-
I am getting on to an express train - MAN - LON. I noticed an asian looking gentleman with beard, accompanied by what appeared to be a female however the ONLY part of her that could be seen were two eyes peeping out of a tiny slit in her otherwise totally black mantle from head to toe and to the end of her hands. The male was carrying a HUGE backpack and believe it or not I noticed some electrical wires popping out of one of the compartments.
Now, call me PARANOID if you like BUT I was not comfortable to travel in that train with those persons!
Did you get off the train then? Or did you ask them to get off?
I remember once, when I was still working for an airline known for the pink uniform, I started feeling uneasy on the 4am Victoria-threebridges train. There were some British drunk men who had just been partying and didn't look too reassuring I have to say. So what did I do? Did I report them, ask them to get off? No, they had done nothing to me at that point, so I just
walked off the train and caught the GX that was leaving a bit later. I perceived a threat that might or might have not been real, and in doubt I myself got off. Didn't force anybody else to go.

I also remember once flying AF from Amman to Paris, right in the middle of the 2nd Intifada, I was sitting on a window seat and was probably the only European passenger(although I can disguise myself very well). All the others were Arabian looking people, most of them politicians travelling to Paris for a diplomatic trip. All of them except the man that was sat next to me. He was the only Jew on board. Every half an hour or so he would start praying, swinging backwards and forwards, saying something that was impossible for me to understand.

I then started chatting to this man and he told me was flying to see his daughter in Paris but he was extrmely scared of flying, and praying was the only thing that would make him feel better.
Imagine though if all the Arabs on board had decided to make a big deal out of it!!!

Tolerance, people.......

FBW

PS: even if some people might think otherwise, Islamic integralists have usually their own respect for their women and kids, they tend to protect them and would not blow themselves up while with their families. Of course mad people exist everywhere but they usually keep them out of the business and do this alone or in groups of men.
Is it possible that it was his iPod cable sticking out of his bag?