PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now pilots = school principals
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2006, 02:57
Howard Hughes
Sprucegoose

Location: Hughes Point, where life is great! Was also resident on page 13, but now I'm lost in Cyberspace....
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know why you all have this incessant need to compare our industry with others, it is an extremely unique industry and whilst conditions have seen a downturn in recent times, I for one expect to see improvement soon.

This industry may have some very tedious downsides (as you are all quick to point out), but it also provides it's own opportunites for those enterprising enough to take part, in life, all things are trade off. Take me for example, like all of you I may bitch and moan about rostering, pay, overnigths, etc... But in the last twelve months I have been overseas with my family 3 times, compare this to my friends, many of whom have never left Australia and the majority who probably never will!! Whilst they may earn considerably more than I do, International travel is but a dream for most of them.

You have to weigh up the good with the bad, when the bad out weighs the good it's time to leave, the door is always open. Of course it's much easier to stay put and shout, "the sky is falling".....