PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 2
Thread: LEEDS - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 21:37
682ft AMSL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BombardierCR7
DUS loads are approx 60% on average over the last 3 months. Unless there is some yield miracle going on, I would shy away from calling this route a success.
This may give you a clue as to why LS are sticking to the bucket & spade routes, and the usual city break routes, of which Frankfurt is definately not one of either.
The last 3 months is of course the first 3 months of the service. Clearly they'll be wanting more than 60% or the yield miracle (or ideally both) at some point, but I suspect given the obvious internal wranglings over whether they should have proceeded with DUS or not, they weren't expecting too much early doors.

With July data now out, I see the rolling 12 mths pax total is 2.7m exactly. There will be need to be an even bigger miracle than that Jet2 are looking for on their DUS yields if 3.0m passengers is to be achieved in 2006. Suffice to say, I'm already banking on one free pint this Christmas.

I can only imagine the person at LBA who dreamt up the forecast of 3.0m pax this year was either expecting some route developments which never happened or simply can't add up. The rationale behind a forecast of 3.1m million passengers for 2006 in the final issue of the masterplan released only a couple of months ago is much more puzzling.