PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there any future for nordic aviation?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 06:55
Crossunder

Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I know they keep updating and "refining" the tests, and it's been over 7 years since I took them... But it's essentially the same as the SAS tests, only variations on a theme. Long-/short term memory, scanning, multi-tasking etc etc etc. IQ tests++, I guess. I really don't recall much of it anymore (bad long term memory I suspect). First day is aptitude testing, second day is interviews. In-between, you'll receive a personality questionnaire to complete and return. Basically the same as any other personality test out there. Dunno if it's the 16PF, or some custom design by WFs own psychologist. No sim assessment.
The most important thing about these kinds of tests is probably not the aptitude testing. You've probably been through a few already? Pass one - pass all (well - almost), but you have to have the right personality. You have to fit in. Different airlines look for different personalities. Virgin/Cathay needs long haul pilots, WF needs very-short-haul pilots. Two different jobs requiring two different kinds of pilots. Or it could just be a matter of different cultures. "Yeah, I passed the tests, but the a**hole at the interview gave me a hard time...". Heard it before? Very few of us can manage to fit in everywhere. I sure as hell don't.
Anyway - the guy claiming to "know" how to pass all the tests is usually the one being kicked out, only to return again and again and again, to tell the other candidates how to pass the tests...
I wouldn't mind telling you about the tests, if only I remembered, but you wouldn't necessarily be better off that way. Just apply, show up and do the tests. Either you pass, or you don't. If you don't, you'll probably pass another set of tests for another company, and still work as a pilot the rest of your miserable pilot life
...but I'm sure someone on this forum can tell you a bit more? Something not out of date?