PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Media release/ $130 medical.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 06:47
Brake Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recently put in for my initial Class 1 Medical, part of which is a visit to a Designated Aviation Ophthalmologist (DAO/Eye Doctor).

Got the name of a DAO off the CASA website, asked my DAME to forward on a referral to the clinic and booked myself in for an examination. The clinic was very busy so had to take one of my prized recreational leave days from work to honour my appointment.

Underwent the examination only to be asked, 'now whats all this aviation stuff?'. Seems the DAO hadn't worked there for some 2 years.

I approached CASA about this and was met with 'It is the responsibility of DAO's to inform us of changes. If the data on our website is inaccurate its not our fault. We cannot be expected to keep all our data up to date, and we will certainly not shoulder any responsibility if this is found to be the case. As for you using up your leave due to the website inaccuracy...stiff!'

In the meantime the Part47 change for my aircraft having been processed in a mere 9 months, arrived without the requested registration change. Seems that my reservation of the mark had lapsed ,while being processed at CASA, and had been given to someone else.

Once again....stiff! Even through the appeals process.

BB