PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Staff Travel upgrades..
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2002, 00:00
Shadowpurser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Don't recall seeing an FCO saying captains should be upgraded Snooky. But if I have missed anything please do let me know as I've got no problem admitting I'm in the wrong.. .. .Now I have my little "In-flight bible" here and bottom of the list is SUBLOAD OTHER AIRLINE STAFF 100/90/75/50 (in that order).. .. .Now if he's on duty that's a "different gravy", most airlines seem to have their duty staff put in better cabins, or on priority upgrade, which is fair enough.. .. .Upgrades when on personal travel will generally be down to the check-in or the dispatcher, depending on who you are (e.g. B.A. pilots get 1 free firm a year which attracts an upgrade to club on B.A. services)or who you know (e.g. opperating crews friends and family). If you've not had your seat row changed to single figures by then, your last chance is the in charge crew member (Me). . .. .If you are entitled to an upgrade and look into any staff travel terms and conditions you'll probably find a phrase saying something like "conditions at the time of travel permitting" which means if there's room you be upgraded. . .. .Personally I am glad of a seat in any class considering the price we pay. My girlfriend is stuck in SIN at the moment and being an F.O. she will not be complaining about a seat in World Traveller or a jump seat even though she does attract the "upgrade" priority, as staff have been stuck there for 3 days and flights are weight restricted.. .. .Lastly 3 greens it's always great to have staff and contractors on board, and try to treat everyone equally by giving them world class service, no matter who they are or how much they paid. Glad you enjoyed yourself and hope we carry on delighting you in the future as well.. .. .CHEERS - The good feedback is just as important as the bad.