PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Boots off 2 Arab/Asian men AGP - MAN due pax complaints
Old 21st Aug 2006, 11:08
Easy Ryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BISH,

This case definitely stinks of racism period.... You can hide behind the banner of profiling all you want. But if someone is dressed differently and speaking another language warrants a terror alert then your living in la la land. Chinese, South Americans and Africans must all be terrorists too! Not to mention most of Europe! All they say they heard as far as we know is that they spoke Arabic. I wouldnt be suprised if the average holiday maker, couldnt tell the difference between Arabic, Urdu, Hindi and the many other Asian languages. It also didnt occur to me that Arabic was the official terrorist language.... if someone speaks it they must want to blow something up right?

Yes political correctness has gone too far in SOME respects, but i strongly feel you would feel otherwise (about profiling) if the shoe was on the other foot, and you were continuously pulled aside by security at airports because of your ethnicity, gawked at by fellow pax when boarding & sitting on trains, and ulimately being booted off a flight because of others bigoted/ignorant attitudes.

You can claim all you want, that if you were in that position you'd be quite happy to put up with it given the circumstances. For a little while yes. But then you'll seen get tired of being judged for the colour of your skin or religion.

You will never understand how it feels because you will never be in that position.

Now before someone says if you dont like it you should go back 'home'! The answer to that is..... ONE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!