PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Boots off 2 Arab/Asian men AGP - MAN due pax complaints
Old 21st Aug 2006, 07:27
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 140 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by RevMan2
What we have here is mob rule.
A sensible course would be to offer those passengers who feel uncomfortable with travelling in the company of other ethnic groups the option of disembarking, retrieving their luggage and finding their own way home.
And before the stones start flying.....
On the assumption, of course, that adequate security procedures were in place at the airport and that the "suspicious" passengers were doing nothing more threatening than talking in a non-English language
I would concur wholeheartedly with that summation of events !!
When I watched the report on TV last night, my initial response was with regard to the pax who decided the two gentlemen concerned were "suspicious" and duly, it seems, acted as judge and jury. Then I started thinking a bit more. Given the circumstances, the choices the Captain, or whoever made the final decision of course, were limited I suppose. The report said they were off loaded for security reasons---possibly their own security ??--given that as of yet we know nothing about the pax involved in initiating the "mutiny" and lets's face it, a 4 hr flight with a lot, or even a few, disgruntled or totally bigoted / paranoid tabloid readers has the potential to turn very nasty, very quickly doesn't it ?. A tough set of circumstances for all involved at the time and with no easy option or simple solution readily apparent.
Me ? I would take a long, hard and detailed look at the those who decided to walk off in the first place. I also suspect that in the very near future, a letter from Messr's Sue, Grabbit and Run "acting on behalf of our clients" will be passing into the Monarch mail box. The other problem of course, is that a precedent ( of sorts ) has now been set and it doesn't take much, given the level of stupidity prevalent here in the UK--one area we are truly "world class" in --for others to orchestrate a repeat performance at some point.