PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sen. John McCain - Major A$$hole
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2001, 02:31
SKYDRIFTER

ACCORDING TO MAYR MOSTERT ON THE INTERNET -

"When the issue was being debated for opening up diplomatic relations with Vietnam and removing sanctions against Vietnam, on the floor of the Senate July 1, 1993, John McCain said, in supporting Clinton's determination to open diplomatic relations with Hanoi, in spite of Republican opposition:

I would point out that I believe that President Clinton will act in what is in the best interest of the United States of America. He will make that decision receiving information from our military advisers, from our State Department advisers, from his National Security Adviser, including the men and women who have been in the field in Vietnam making heroic efforts to try to ascertain as to whether there are any Americans left alive and also recover the remains of those who died in that activity.

So, I would hope that and I know that Senator Dole and all other Members will respect the decision even if they disagree when the President makes a very important foreign policy decision. I believe that it is in the interest of the United States of America for us to make progress. "