PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Boots off 2 Arab/Asian men AGP - MAN due pax complaints
Old 20th Aug 2006, 20:34
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

With all due respect to those passengers that nowadays feel nervous about flying due to the current situation, until I know for certain what exactly these people were doing to alarm the other passengers and the crew I will consider this simply a case of ignorance, intolerance and possibly racism.

I see nervous people fly every day, british, european, middle eastern, asian, african, america etc. If you are nervous of flying it doesn't matter what part of the world you're from. I have a few Arabian friends who don't feel comfortable flying these days because they too could be victims!!

I have been a cabin crew for several years and I have met thousands and thousands of people. I have been in difficult situations, including having to calm down a nervous, panicking passenger post 9/11 as she was scared that the middle eastern passengers that she had seen on boarding were going to blow up the plane. She would not reason with me and at the end I had to carefully explain that since I speak arabic I would have understood if they had actually been talking about such plans

There's a limit to everything, and until I read exactly what these people were doing to be taken off a flight, this will be my opinion.
I just hope, for the captain's/senior crew member's sake, that their behaviour was really endangering the aircraft, the passengers and the crew.
Otherwise.......monarch, you'd better save some money for the court case

FBW

And to those people who are scared/do not approve/are not able to tolerate other culture's way of dressing, language etc what the hell are they doing on a plane, going around the world?! One wonders....