PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swissair vs. Crossair
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2001, 03:43
Raas767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yak Yak.
That was quite a long winded reply on seniority were you accomplished to say absolutely nothing. Since I am more familiar with U.S. aviation,I will use examples from here. Let me give you a little history lesson.
Pilot pay and benefits have NEVER caused an airline to fail, or lose money. In 1999 American Airlines netted a billion dollar profit with senior captains earning 240 000 dollars a year. A TWA 767 captain at that time was making about 140 000 dollars a year and his airline was the only one to lose money that year. Even US Airways made money in 1999. Pilot pay did not break PanAm, Eastern, Brannif, Midway or anybody ellse. UAL lost money this year (besides 911) because they lacked leadership. Goodwin was to busy trying to sell his merger with US airways than he was managing his own airline.
We are sort of getting off the overall subject of this forum, but you seem to be a highly opinionated person and I would challenge you to read a few books on the history of your profession and about the people who made your job what it is today.
"Hard Landings" is one "Flying the Line" is another.