PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2006, 05:29
njsboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone,
its interesting reading all this about your eba and all your conditions... im flying for NJS atm and have just scored a job with VB.As i had been a contractor on the ground and knowing a few crew and comparing to what i do now... you guys slog your guts out!Im not in the union atm... but i will be joining it the moment they offer it in ground school...
i know its not really of any importance,but ill gve you a rundown quickly of what the drw crew usually do....
our rosters are done on the GENEVE CREW MANAGEMENT SYSTEM... its one a month(so this month its 1st-31st) i have 10 days off and my duty hours are at 133 with 9 days off cause i was drafted for one... its rare to get 140 as its then overtime.we only do overnights out of darwin,so its hard to compare it to the day flying you guys do.i have 9 overnights this month and 9 days off..we also have buffers around out days of and reserve days(not sure if you guys do)obviously we dont have a bitting system cause its eith ASP OR PER for us... but in each port we have 24 hours and the usual 10 away from base if they need us.our reserve days also are 1/3 of the actual duty time(eg 6hour reserve= 2hours duty)
we dont have to clean..except in GOV as theres no cleaners, and our turnarounds are 40mins.My longest day is 8.5hours and can be rostered up to 12 with no rest sector....
I also saw about the double endorsements, im current on the Bae146 and 717 and get no extra $, and ep's and dual CTL are bi*ches!!
I hope you guys can negotiate something great as ill have to work under them jsut like you guys...you are right about the newies,they dont know their conditions,theyll get called to work and say yes cause they dont know better and want the job... untill theyre tired and their work suffers and it affects the other crew.jsut thought ild throw a different perspective in as you never know you guys might be able to negotiate something fantastic...im hoping you all can and fingers crossed and hope i get to vote on the new eba as well