PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2006, 12:56
1niteinbkk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
think wisely about giving up a full-time job

Hello Spunksta22

Better think twice about giving up a full-time job, not only one with benefits, but one with a "guaranteed" source of income. I once worked for an airline for many years too and I'm well aware that airlines can be @ the mercy of what goes on in the world.

My airline career was @ it's peak throughout 9/11 and the SARS outbreak - it was bad enough worrying if the company decides to reduce or cancel some or most of it's operations - but @ least then being a full-time permanent employee you still get paid or if worse comes to worse - receive a redundancy package...

Also think of the fact your current company is still relatively "young". To me that's an advantage for you career-wise, e.g. career progression and you've got your foot in the door already.

And yes the benefits eventhough you could earn more money in a different industry, profession or a different company - the benefits of a permanent airline employee - combined with annual leave pay - still rock!

Originally Posted by spunksta22
Hello everyone,

I have an interview with MAM in Brisbane next week and was just wondering what a realistic salary MAM'ers receive? I have heard some people clear 2000$ / fortnight.... could this be true?

Im currently cabin crew with jetstar and wondering if its worth giving up my full time position with benefits for a casual position? Your advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, would perth or brisbane be the better base.... I want as many overnights as I can get.

Finally, can you tell me roughly how many overnights a month I could expect and what cities they would be in from BNE/PER??

(it would certainly be nice not to have to clean the aircraft tho LOL!)

cheers