PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sen. John McCain - Major A$$hole
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2001, 15:29
ex-expat

Arrow

I Love Sen. John M. for what he once was and did. To stay in the hand of his captures when he could have gone home was a testiment to his honor and courage. That said, he is so out to lunch on anything to do with pilots and the deregulated airline system he helped to vote into effect.

They wanted deregulation when it equaled $100 fares between JFK & LAX, but balked when nobody found serving up state New York with frequent Jet service profitable. He was more than willing to let a half a dozen airlines of historical note go out of business, but he think the government should stop workers from being able to bargin for contract if it inconviences him, or someone who might vote for him. They want 1960's service for a 1990's price. What can I say?

I am afraid John may have become just another politician after all those years inside the beltway. I would love to go one on one with him for just an hour to see if he really is as uninformed about what ails the US air travel industry. I'll never get that chance most likely and there are real doubts that he ever changes his mind about anything. The bottom line is labor and especially pilots will much spend time and money to limit his power (i.e. his run for President). "John, you could have been someone, you could have been a contender!"

Much regret,

------------------
ex-expat.