PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - eirjet A320 LANDS AT WRONG AIRPORT!
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2006, 13:02
Dave T-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Firstly, apologies for resurrecting the original thread
Secondly, i'm too old at 52 to be a wannabe, just a frequent flyer with a lifelong interest in aviation - enthusiastic amateur.
Having read the original thread, one interesting post comes to mind:
Eirjet use EAG charts,not Aerad or Jepps. I have used all 3 types at various times and the EAG charts are by far and away the least user friendly.Additionally they lack the detail of Jepp and Aerad.Think contributory factor here
Again I will stress I have no experience here, apart from flying in to EGSS in the jump seat of a 757 years ago with a Portuguese crew wet leased in to replace an Air UK flight, they had their Jepp map bulldog clipped to the control yoke (which concerned me slightly at the time, I never realised before that there was this A-Z of airport approaches available , but it did look a bit odd at the time) so I do at least understand what it is.
The only question I would ask, on the basis of the quote, is why someone would use EAG when there is apparently from the above post a better product available. It may well not be relevant to this thread anyway if it wasn't a contributory factor to the error, but the question is still valid in a wider context.