PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to search for a job?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2006, 19:19
sam34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one thing i don't understand...

I have read all above, and in PPrune, I can see that some pilots, citizen UK, do not find a job. Ok it is not easy, but you speak english no problem, the quality of a course in UK is high, you send many CV's all in Europe, World I thnik, but nothing! comapnies ask TR, many Hours, etc etc so all the pilots have got 200 hours before to start no ?
If all the companies ask thousands hours, Where we Fly to start ?? i have read lot of things about Afrique, USA, UK, France, China etc etc :

afrique : heavy experience

USA : without green card = nothing or to find an american girlfriend!

UK : i think there are lots of opportunities, but a lot of students too...

France => dead and if you do not know a friend, captain friend => dead too
ok Air France hire some cadets pilots, but it is very difficult...like CTC I think.

China = yes people say "they look for FI, Pilots, they Hire a lot! etc " but when I see the conditions : F/O must type rated, 500 hours on type, 1000 hours on type. " flight instructor must 500 hours of instructing etc"

I think it is the same problem in all the world, each country ask differents conditions. Some people from UK say in this forum " go to an other country, they hire" and in France I hear " go to UK, there are lot of companies! they hire"
Really ??
So it is prove we always think that it is better elsewhere...

Then each pilot, student, friend...has his advice. Nobody say the same thing.
For example when you will reply at my message, guys will say " yeah, thera are oportunites if you are motivated !!" Other will say " No, if you do not get money = no job"

I think more you read advice more you can not choose the way to take for becoming an airliine pilot.

For example I would like getting a rating FI. and I can read " the majors do not look at your experience on single engine!" and other " yes you can have a good experience and up your hours".

So a forum is for people "talk" between them, give advice, help etc.
But I wonder if it is really good...
But it is the same thing in the life in fact. One day you see a mate who says you "I will do a type rating finally...I don't find a job!" and you see an other mate "do not do that!! if not guaranted job".

excuse my english, I hope you understand what I mean.

I do not criticize it is just a note what I read.
I am a student pilot like lot of other students pilots who wonder in wich world I live, everyday I wonder which choice making, who listenning, how much spend money, where to go, where to fly with low hours,...etc.

thank you!

sam