PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Add for B737 crew in Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2006, 18:01
The Actuator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q4NVS so you reckon all the "Fatcats" (some of whom have worked for the company for more than 30 years! How many years service has the most senior Nationwide B767 captain?) and I should take a 25% pay cut and that will make the company profitable? You must be more naive than a calf on the way to the abattoir. The reason this company does not make a profit is because it is a company run by incompetent managers who are unable or unwilling to bow to their political masters. That is it. Once again you get paid what you negotiate no more no less. The pilots salaries are not what costs SAA.
Please tell me why you think I should take a 25% paycut? If you are a pilot why isn't your thinking more along the lines of we should all be paid along the lines of the company that sets the benchmark?
It is precisely this "woe is me, I need the hours so I'll fly for free attitude" that makes pilots in this country so capable of shooting ourselves in both feet.
TULCA got applicants for this reason only - if everyone rejected the offer and said no if we fly SAA aircraft and SAA routes we want the same pay, then SAA would have no choice but to abandon this folly money wasting exercise and hire more pilots creating movement throughout the industry.
Why is it that you never hear SAA pilots slagging off the other airlines pilots or companies the way you seem to do? Please don't give me the taxpayer crap cos I don't see you slagging the CEO of Telkom/SABC/Portnet/SARS/ etc etc.