PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Add for B737 crew in Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2006, 16:38
Q4NVS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

Know what - That is HOGWASH!

The combined 3rd Party Insurance on my House and Car is R10 000 000.00, but no-one pays me for that - Infact, I have to pay that "Out" company for it...

The only people defending this, are the Fatcats themselves!

Please explain to me how the responsibility of an SAA Captain is any different from that of a Nationwide 767 Captain. (I do not agree with Vernon's salary structure either, but hey, there must be a middle way)

If a pilot group through negotiations or whatever means, can hold a company to ransom wrt this rediculous salary increase, while the company itself made a profit equalling the yearly salaries of only 45 of their "new scale" Captains, then that is absurd!

If you ask me, every single person there should take a 25% salary cut, including the CEO and cleaners, while committing themselves to making it a profitable organisation before EVER again discussing this...

Know what, within 3 years, they'll be Tops or the Fatcats gone.

Before aviation, I spent a few years in another "Professional" industry and let me tell you - If you do not like the pay or conditions, YOU go where you want (don't screw the business trying, cause it ain't gonna work).

If all these Fatcats were so IRREPLACEABLE, why then did "TULCA" not battle to find enough (or too many) applicants..?

Wake up and smell the Sh*t you're making for yourselves guys!

Last edited by Q4NVS; 17th Aug 2006 at 16:49.