PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wireless Internet help needed
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2006, 07:15
Tyre kicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Wireless Internet help needed

Hi peeps
*bit of background*
I have brought a new build house, with one master socket and three extension sockets.

My wireless router was attached to an extension socket upstairs bar a few teething problems and all was fine for a while, then the internet ADSL light would go out for a while and flash on and off.

When the Internet did work it would be painfully slow registering 1 MBPS on my wireless signal on the tool bar.

I reset the router trying to get it to work and set the computer back to a time when i knew the internet worked but still no joy.

Once i plugged the router into the master socket it worked.......for about a minute
The helpdesk told me to take the front of the master socket off and use the test? line, and every thing was fine.

Today a bt guy turned up and is sure the line is fine, and thinks its the wiring from the master plug to the extension sockets. (hopefully the connection wiring)

My question is why would it all of a sudden stop working on extension socket, And can any one advise on the correct instalation of the wiring to the extension sockets.(colours etc)

The site sparky is still about but i would like to know how this all works.

Sorry for the long post
But cheers for any help
Ben