PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2006, 07:12
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA

See 4/7 LHR flights canx today & we had our first LGW flights for a couple of days yesterday.

Tighter security notwithstanding, is it just my imagination or are BA (proportionally) canx more ABZ flights f/t London than any other domestic destination? They managed to operate most flights (to LHR) yesterday so what is the problem today?

Local leaders are becoming concerned that, if this continues, it will impact the local economy.

It's not the first time over the years that BA have been accused of being all too ready to impact ABZ flights when a problem arises.

So are BA committed to ABZ - London flights?

And who is to blame for the security chaos? BA (remember they made many ground handling staff redundant last year & I recall the disruption then as BA didn't have enough staff to cope when the Catering Dispute was in full swing)? BAA for not having contingency plans when the Govt introduced the tighter measures (& to my mind BAA WEREN'T ready for it, no matter what they tell you)? The Govt/Dept of Transport for overkill in the wake of the alert? Can't help thinking the terrorists in this alleged plot may think they have a victory anyway thanks to the disruption that has ensued.

There will come a time when LHR flights will reduce, hopefully by then there may be more direct European routes from ABZ. Can't come soon enough given BA's "commitment" to providing a service (I use the term loosely) out of ABZ.

Last edited by Richard Taylor; 16th Aug 2006 at 09:40.