PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian PM Dumps Pilot after request to turn off cellphone and Blackberry
Old 16th Aug 2006, 01:53
Azure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was posted on AEF:

According to my Mil friend.......

The incident occurred on a Challenger aircraft. It was NOT the PM. It was one of his staffers.....The PM was onboard

The individual was asked to turn off his laptop. He refused. The pilot pulled off the runway and went back and asked the staffer to turn off the laptop. He turned it off.

Upon arrival at destination a FA asked the same fellow to turn off his laptop...he apparently said it was OK to have it on in a civilian airliner so he was going to leave it on for the landing. The Captain advised the FA that he would be doing a "go-around" and they would not be landing until the laptop was turned off. The laptop was turned off.

The individual apparently sent a "snot-gram" to the MND and requested that they not have "that" pilot do anymore PM flights.

A memo came from the MND's office to the Squadrons that the PM's office was advised of the regulations and requested the information be deseminated to all the PM's staff.

Is that pilot doing anymore PM flights??? My friend does not know. He has done extensive flying of the PM and has advised me that the PM is extremely easy to get along with and abides by ALL the rules...no problem.

PS.....I am neither Liberal or Conservative inclined

--------------------

Kip Powick

End of story...except that I think the PM should kick some ass in his office!