PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Add for B737 crew in Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2006, 20:43
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good point there GT, and I'd like that to change. I reckon we're all on the same team when it comes to that, open info does good. I know the companies often don't want the salaries they pay their crew discussed openly (because they're quite frankly terrified of the open market), so perhaps we've been brainwashed by them to a degree?

I have it on good authority that a Nationwide F/O earns about R14500 p/m basic, plus R80 per working day S&T. Tax on that will be at least R2500, so they end up clearing about R12000 p/m. I'm not sure if there are any ranks/notches along the line, or if all F/O's earn the same amount, although if there are differences based on seniority, they are few, and the difference in salary is minimal. I also have no idea about any benefits (medical etc, but I believe they do not get any form of pension).

I'm not too sure of the Captains salaries, but I believe they vary quite a bit, based on the type of contract (ie part time, full time, etc). I think a full time non-ex skygod earns about R30 000 or so p/m? Maybe slightly more.