PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Superb B1900 Video in Africa!!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2006, 02:53
Hanz Blix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some very interesting comments showing up in this thread, makes me wonder just how well trained some people are (and do they know the B190?)

Originally Posted by beckers
The other aspect is the fact that it is a 1900D. I doubt the EFIS gyro's were designed for inverted flight. The video doesn't show the crew fast erecting all their gyro's after the roll.
True alot have this system but alot also have AHRS therefore no need no hit the fast errect!

"Normal professional pilots r not trained for that, unlike you cowboys who bend the wings and then put other pilots life in danger when they fly the aeroplanes after you...........

You a commercial pilot, act like one!!!!"

HMMMMMMMMMMMM funny I'm a professional pilot and have 400+ hours doing aeros and teaching them and infact plenty of people I work with have many hours aeros or at very least a basic aeros rating. I think if you want to be a professional pilot you should cover as many aspects of flying as possible! Including aeros, tail wheel time ect

Eveything aside what was done in the video wasn't smart (dumb actually). However they seemed to be at a safe altitude and it appears the roll was done smoothly (I wasn't there!).

G limitations for the B190 +3G and -1.2G flaps up to exceed these they would have had to stuff it up, they didn't.

Before I get slagged I'm not defending what was done and even though I could do it and have confidence the plane would do it theres no way you would catch me doing it. After all we are professional pilots.

The vid was coll though, HAHAHA