PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2006, 22:32
Legin558

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

Robert: Thankyou very much for taking my advice and posting your comments here. I can immediately see improvements. Good luck with your Op and hope to see you out and about soon.

So guys we can all pull together now, I hope.
If I may suggest one or two things that are needed, if anyone can help then please do.

Tim: Your site allows visitors to e-mail the HLF. Would it be possible to do the same with The Sun Newspaper (ideally) and / or possibly the Mirror. We need to get the publicity moving and although the Telegraph and Daily Express have run articles, The Sun has approx 3 Million readers, (who don't look at the other papers) and are usually supportive of Britain and British, if we can let them know how important this matter is, maybe they can be helpful (especially with regard to the HLF). I have written to them already but with no response as yet. I feel they will only help if they see a large interest.

Again, everyone can help with this.
Discovery Channel (Wings) is another avenue for publicity. They have been showing the V Force documentaries of late and if you look at their website, the vulcan came 2nd in a Poll of the Best British aircraft. They mistakenly state that all Vulcans are in museums. If they too can be targeted with enough interested parties, they may just give us a mention. Also they could be a potential sponsor.??

I am hoping to talk to Bruce Dickinson in the next day or so, to see if he can help in this matter. I understand he was in the cockpit of XL426 last weekend. So there is some tie in there.

If anyone would like (and has the time) to help, please e-mail me, I have a list of who needs contacting, but this needs some co-ordination so that we are not duplicating our efforts. We need also to tie in with the project office to make sure we don't double up on anything they are currently acting on.

Once again
Regards to Robert

Thanks for reading this.
Nigel