PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA thwarting strengthened cockpit doors?
Old 30th Oct 2001, 06:11
bugg smasher
quidquid excusatio prandium pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The European community, Roadtrip, also see the problem at hand and are doing their level best to address it, it does not serve anyone’s interest to further inflame the somewhat embarrassing and puerile trans-Atlantic taunting matches that characterize more than a few of the threads on this board. Highly counter-productive in my view.

Agoricus, I see the point you are attempting to make. You are absolutely correct in stating that a permanent solution can only involve addressing the root causes of terrorism, of fundamentalist tribalism, and of the deeply addictive and suicidal beliefs that compulsively urge the so-anointed to destroy our way of life and everything we have achieved thus far. But you speak of a process that will not likely resolve itself in our lifetimes, of a steadfastly rooted human condition so deeply complex and darkly destructive as to defy intelligent analysis and resolution any time soon. What would you have us do? We require, with terrible urgency, a defensible cockpit. Right now.

Given the choice of travel options for my wife and kids between your aircraft and Roadtrip’s, and this despite my previously voiced objections to the arming of flight crew, take us home Roadtrip. My lovely children have far, far too much to lose.